Department of Mechanical was started in July 2013. The curriculum has been designed with keeping in mind the following points.
- To develop an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety manufacturability, and sustainability.
- To develop an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
At present the department is having the following well-equipped labs.
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics Lab
- Theory of Machine Lab
- Engineering Materials labb
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Applied Thermodynamics Lab
- Heat and Mass transfer Lab
- Mechanical Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Vibrations in Mechanical Systems Labb
- I. C. Engine Lab
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Drawing Hall
Mechanical Club has been established to enhance the technical skills, team spirit and individual talents through certain set of events organized by mechanical engineering department.
- The following activities are carried out from time to time:
- Conducting 3-D Modelling competition, inter and intra department for second year students.
- Quiz competition on basics and application of Mechanical Engineering in real world scenarios
- Project development and demonstration.
- Group presentation on current developments in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Students’ Seminar on the topic of their interest confined to Design, Manufacturing and Thermal field.