- Faculty Profile
- Dr. Monmoyuri Baruah (HOD)
- Fr. Joseph Nellanatt
- Prof. Basil Koikara
- Prof. J. N. Vishwakarma »
- Dr. Samrat Dey
- Mrs. Sontara Konwar Boruah
- Dr. Nibedita Kapil
- Mr. Hemen Bharali
- Dr. Kanan Kumari Ojah
- Ms. Minakshi Biswas
- Ms. Banashri Sinha
Prof. Jai Narain Vishwakarma
Professor & Director-Research
Ph.D. (North Eastern Hill University, Shillong) PDF (Universite Rene Descartes, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, France)
5. Area of Interest
Synthetic Organic Chemistry involving Green Chemistry and aqueous phase Organic Reactions leading to novel biologically active molecules and agrochemicals.
a. Teaching Experience
- 31 years of teaching experience at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels in Organic Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry and Biotechnology.
b. Research Projects Executed
- Co-Principal Investigator in a project titled “Synthesis of Camptothecin analogues with Potent Anticancer Activities” funded by Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR) in the years 1993-96.
- Principal Investogator in a project titled “A Novel Synthetic Strategy for Plant Protection Agents” funded by State Council of Science & Technology in the years 1996-97
- Principal Investigator in a project titled “Development of Newer Methodologies for Oxygenated Carbazoles.” Funded by UGC-New Delhi in the years 1997-2000.
- Co-Principal Investogator in a project titled “Improvement of Infrastructural Facilities in Botanical Garden & Ex-Situ conservation of Rare & Endemic Plants” funded by Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India in the years 2002-04.
- Principal Investigator in a project titled “A New Class of Potential Insecticides & Pesticies: Synthesis & Biological Activities of Novel THPs” funded by Wolrd Bank through ICAR-NATP-CGP-II in the years 2002-06.
- Principal Investigator in a project titled “Green Approach to Organic Synthesis” funded by UGC – New Delhi in the years 2006-10.
- Principal Investigator in a project titled “Design, Synthesis & Biological Properties of Novel Adamantane-Tetrahydropyrimidine/Quinazoline hybrids” funded by DBT-New Delhi since 2012.
c. Research Scholars Being Guided
- Dr. Kaushal Kishore
- Dr. Milan Chanra Dutta
- Dr. Kaushik Chanda
- Dr. Madhusudan Saha
- Dr. Asem Satyapati Devi
- Dr. Kapil (Postdoctoral Teacher Fellow)
- iFr. Joseph Nellanatt
- Ms Utpalparna Kalita
- Ms Shunan Kaping
- Mr. Farlando Diengdoh
- Mr. Suman Chakraborty
d. Research Journal Reviewer for:
- Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Synthetic communications
- Medicinal Chemistry Research Journal
- Indian Journal of Chemistry, Section B
- Orbital: The Electronic Journal of Chemistry
7. Selected Research Publications
- DNA minor groove cleaning agents: synthesis, binding and strand cleaving properties of anthraquinone-oligopyrrolecarboxamide hybrids, Philippe Helissey, Christian Bailly, Jai N Vishwakarma, Christian Aucair, Michael J Waring and Sylviane Giorgi-Renault, Anticancer Drug Design, 1996, 11, 527-551.
- A Facile One-pot Synthesis of Novel Substituted 1,2,3,4-
Tetrahydropyrimidines Part 5 : Synthesis of bis[(1-alkyl/aralkyl)-5-benzoyl-6-methylthio-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidinyl]alkane & benzene, bis[ 3-phenyl -7-methyl-4,5,6,7-tetrahydropyrazolo(3,4-d)pyrimidinyl]alkane and bis[1-benzyl-7-phenyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrazolo(1,5-a)triazinyl]alkane & benzene. Milan Ch. Dutta, Kaushik Chanda, Philippe Helissey and Jai N. Vishwakarma, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2005, 42, 975.
- Synthesis & Antibacterial Activities of Novel 5-Isonicotinoyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidines & Bis-(5-Isonicotinoyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidines). Jai N. Vishwakarma, M.C. Dutta, K. Chanda, Bhaskar Das, M.A. Laskar & R.L. Nongkhlaw, Arkivoc, 2009 (xiii), 131-141.
- Synthesis of novel bis-enaminones by KHSO4-assisted facile Michael addition-elimination reaction of 3-dimethylamino-1-phenyl-prop-2-en-1-ones with diamines in water. A. S. Devi, P. Helissey and Jai N. Vishwakarma, Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 2011, 1, 32-34.
- KHSO4 assisted Michael addition-elimination reactions of indole with 3-dimethylamino-1-phenylprop-2-en-1-ones in aqueous media: An environment friendly synthesis of novel 3-indolylchalcones. Asem S Devi, P. Helissey, RL Nongkhlaw and Jai N Vishwakarma, Synthetic Communications, 2013, 43, 1653-1660.