- School of Technology
- Basic Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences (Allied)
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- CSE and IT
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
The School of Life Sciences was inaugurated on 3rd August 2015 and began its journey by introducing Integrated MSc – PhD in three areas of study – Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Microbiology.
The School of Life Sciences has the following features as envisioned by the University:
- Wide exposure to theory and skills undergirding the field of Biosciences
- Intensive laboratory exercises and projects attuned to industrial developments
- Exposure to emerging areas of research in Biosciences in the country and abroad
- Industrial visits/internships/interactions with experts on live industrial projects
- A seamless entry to doctoral studies on completion of the Master’s level dissertation
MSc in Biochemistry
This study programme of the University aims to provide an advanced understanding of the core concepts and topics of Biochemistry and their experimental basis. It is designed to equip the students with specialized knowledge and understanding of the underlying biochemical processes involved in core areas of current research, such as immunology, medical biochemistry, genetic engineering, physiology, bioenergetics and metabolism. It will provide our students with analytical and presentation skills, training in advanced scientific methods and practical research skills fundamental to mastery of the field.
The many and diverse applications of biochemistry include pharmacology, genetics, immunology, bioinformatics, environmental science, forensics, toxicological studies and food science. The career options for this exciting field of study are virtually endless and new areas are keep unfolding as novel applications continue to evolve.
MSc in Biotechnology
Advancement in the areas of bioenergy, bioremediation, synthetic biology, virtual cells, genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and bio-nanotechnology have made biotechnology a very powerful discipline in today’s world.
Animal and plant biotechnology, genetic engineering, bioprocess engineering and immunology form core areas of concentration in this study programme. The course has been designed to accentuate on training in skills and processes that will enable our students to find ready employment across a spectrum of industries and laboratories.
MSc in Microbiology
Microbiology and its applications in various fields, including health-care delivery particularly in pathological and immunological laboratories as well as in the fields of ecology and genetic engineering, form the core areas of study in this Master’s Course. A thorough grounding in virology, bacteriology, mycology, microbial genetics and immunology ensure that the students are equipped with fundamental knowledge and skills for study and research in various specializations of microbiology.
Microbiologists find ready employment in diverse fields, such as universities, hospitals, pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries, food processing and packaging industries, pathological and diagnostic laboratories, water works and eco-conservation agencies.
MSc in Zoology
Master of Science in Zoology at Don Bosco University is designed to equip the students with an in-depth understanding of the subject with an opportunity to specialize in Entomology and Environmental Biology, Fish and Fishery Biology, Animal Ecology and Wildlife Biology, and Cell and Molecular Biology.
These specializations are being offered keeping in mind the ever rising demand for specialists in public health, wildlife management, pharmaceutical companies, environmental impact assessment studies, food processing industries, agriculture and animal husbandry, and well informed researchers and educators. In addition to the core subject, students will be trained in project cycle management, journalism and photography, and classroom management skills.
The Department currently offers the following degrees:
- MSc in Biochemistry
- MSc in Biotechnology
- MSc in Microbiology
- MSc in Zoology
List of faculty members
- Prof. J.N Vishwakarma -Professor
- Dr. Saibal Sengupta -Professor
- Dr. Shiny C. Thomas -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Prasanta Kr. Choudhury -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Lopamudra Homchaudhuri -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Supriyo Sen -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Mahua Gupta Choudhury -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Probin Phanjom -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Vedant Vikrom Borah -Assistant Professor
- Dr. Bhavna Baroowa -Assistant Professor
- Mebari Dorphang -Assistant Professor
- RN Bhuyan -Associate Professor (Adjunct)r
- L Indra Singha -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Prasanta Kumar Borah -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Soumen Naskar -Assistant Professor (Adjunct)