To cultivate nation builders with scientific and engineering expertise and moral integrity, committed towards the upliftment of society.
MissionTo provide young and enthusiastic minds with sound theoretical and practical knowledge in electronics and communication technologies, so that they grow up into competent individuals, capable of:
- Converting ideas into reality
- Standing up to challenges to lead from the front and provide progressive solutions
- Contributing towards the growth and development of new technologies
- Creating a positive impact on global society and contributing towards the welfare of Mankind
Program Educational Objectives
- To create highly professional graduates with sound knowledge in the field of Electronics and Communication engineering through quality education.
- To cater to global technological needs and to contribute to the industry by delivering the expertise acquired, through problem solving and working on need based projects.
- To groom young minds with a strong sense of commitment towards the betterment of society and the environment.
The department was established during the inception of DBCET in 2008 as the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). Since its initiation, the key objective of the department has been to impart quality technical education, training and research. The Department, which started with offering at the undergraduate level, very soon moved into postgraduate and doctoral levels in various areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering. The Department lays a lot of emphasis on research based education which has been evident in the research publications (both national and international) of the students’ right from undergraduate level to the doctoral level.
The major areas of faculty expertise of the department include Digital Signal Processing, Speech and Image Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, Communication Systems, Wireless Communication, Satellite Communication, Computer Networks, Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Signal Processing, Radar Signal Processing, VLSI Systems, Embedded Systems, Nanotechnology, MEMS and NEMS, Energy Harvesting, Optical Electronics and Bio-sensors.The department offers the following degrees:
- B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- M. Tech in three specializations: i) Optoelectronics and Optical Communication ii) Embedded Systems iii) Signal Processing
- Ph. D. in various specialization areas of faculty expertise as mentioned above.
List of faculty members
- Dr. Sunandan Baruah -Professor
- Dr. Benny Alex -Associate Professor
- Dr. Indrani Dakua -Associate Professo
- Ms. Jhimli Kumari Das -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Bikash Agarwal -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Subra Mukherjee -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Maisnam Babita Devi -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Kaustubh Bhattacharyya -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Hemashree Bordoloi -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Karen Das, M.Tech -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Dipjyoti Sarma -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Samar Jyoti Saikia -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Mriganka Gogoi -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Tanvira Ismail Assistant Professor
- Ms. Parismita A. Kashyap Assistant Professor
- Manjunath Ramachandra -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr B.K Lande - Professor (Adjunct)