Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Assam Don Bosco University
The IQAC of Assam Don Bosco University has been established to develop a mechanism to build and ensure a culture of quality in the University. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the University. The IQAC complies with the terms and policy of the University Grants Commission.
The University strongly believes creating and sustaining excellence in administration and in the teaching-learning-evaluation process. Accordingly it has been working continuously to improve its quality of service on all fronts.
Composition of the IQAC
The IQAC of the University was set up in July 2011 following a resolution of the Board of Management on 4 July 2011.The present members of the IQAC are:
ChairpersonFr Stephen Mavely (Vice Chancellor)
Members from Administration
- Dr Francis Fernandez (Controller of Examinations)
- Dr S Nissi Paul (Assistant Registrar – Academic)
- Dr Sunandan Baruah (Director, Centre of Research in Nanotechnology)
- Dr Peter Paul (Administrative and Development Officer)
Members from Faculty
- Prof J N Vishwakarma (Director of Research, Director of School of Life Sciences)
- Ms Sabiha Alam Choudhury (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Nibedita Kapil (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Applied Sciences)
- Mr Bikramjit Goswami (Asst Professor – Stage II, School of Technology)
- Mr Chandan Dutta (Asst Professor – Stage I, School of Commerce & Management)
Member from Management
- Fr Lukose Cheruvalel (Member of Board of Management)
Member from Technical Staff
- Mr. Manoj Das, IT Administrator
- Ms. Pallavi Sharma, Laboratory Assistant
Member from Alumni
- Ms Subhra Mukherjee (Asst Professor – Stage II, SOT)
Member from Student Body
- Ms Rosie Kalita (Doctoral Student)
Member from Community
- Mr John Borgoyary (North East Regional Head, UNDP)
Member from Stakeholders (Parent)
- Ms Amarjeet Kaur (Parent of Tavleen Kaul)
Members from Industry/Employers
- Mr Satyabrata Borgohain (Director, Finance & Accounts, NEEPCO, Shillong)
- Mr Manoj Jajodia (CEO, Onoma Industries & CEO, Jajodia Engineering)
- Mr Rana Bharali (Chief Manager, HR, Oil India, Duliajan)
Members – External Experts
- Prof K. G. Bhattacharyya (Director, Academic Staff College – GU – Retd)
- Fr Joseph Nellanatt (Pro Vice-Chancellor)
- Ms Juhi Baruah (Director of Human Resources)
- Dr Monmoyuri Baruah (Director, School of Applied Sciences)
IQAC Action Plan for 2017-18:
- Ensuring the Quality of Research: all papers published in the journals of the university to be externally reviewed, and to undergo plagiarism test.
- Enhancing Teaching and Learning processes: all members of the faculty to be encouraged to do mind-mapping exercises with their students, and to publish some of the results on social media platforms of the university for wide dissemination of the usefulness of this practice.
- Adopting a Mission Mode for Innovation: the recently set up Centre for Innovation will kick start adoption and implementation of projects displaying innovation and creativity, undertake fabrication and popularisation of socially useful gadgets, and exploit the in-house expertise in nanotechnology.
- Adoption of Online Courses in the University: In pursuance of the report of the Task Force on adoption of Online Courses, the Directors of the various Schools will work out the modalities of adopting some of the online courses and the credits to be awarded. Initially, it was decided that the credits will be awarded in addition to the courses conducted on campus. This procedure will continue till certain apprehensions about the continuity of these courses from year to year by the institutions offering these courses, the modalities of examinations and their costing will be finalised.
- Implementing a Digital Campus: In tune with the policy directives of the government, all efforts are to be made in a timely and phased manner to convert the University campuses into digitally savvy campuses.
- Ensuring the protection of eco-diversity and adopting an Action Plan for Green Campus: With three different campuses, the university will strive to create three different models of eco-sensitivity and adoption of Green practices.
Click here to see the minutes of IQAC Meetings and AQAR reports of various years.