The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2008 as one of the major departments of the Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology. The department started undergraduate program with AICTE approved four year B.Tech Degree course in the year 2008 with an intake of 60. The PhD programme has been offered by the department since 2011 and is equipped with a good number of researchers working under experienced supervisors/guides from the fields of Power Systems, Optoelectronics, Microwave Remote Sensing, Embedded Systems and Optimization
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) of Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology has been established with the firm commitment of developing and producing quality Electrical and Electronics Engineers with high-technical knowledge and good practical basis, combined with leadership skills and decision making capabilities. The curriculum of the department of electrical and electronics engineering is therefore designed to impart the students consummate knowledge and skills for careers in wide range of industries. The board of studies within the department is actively functioning in reforming syllabus from time to time in line with the modern trends in the Engineering education.The objective of the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology, Assam Don Bosco University is to:
- achieve excellence in teaching, research, practice and extension activities in the fields of Engineering in general and Electrical and Electronics Engineering in particular.
- provide a strong foundation for the students to make them professionally competent for industry and research.
- create an environment for the holistic development of individuals, encouraging them to serve the society with commitment and integrity.
The department has been taking active part in organising various national and regional level seminars, conferences and workshops under the banner of the university.
The faculty members have been taking part in various short term courses and faculty development/enrichment programmes regularly.
To be a centre of technological excellence for outstanding education and research in electrical and electronics engineering, contributing to the world socially committed engineers capable of accepting the continuous challenges of technological advancements.
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology, School of Technology, Assam Don Bosco University seeks to:
- Achieve excellence in teaching, research, practice and extension activities in the fields of Engineering in general and Electrical and Electronics Engineering in particular.
- Provide a strong foundation for the students to make them professionally competent for industry and research.
- Create an environment for the holistic development of individuals, encouraging them to serve the society with commitment and integrity.
- Offer necessary support and guidance to individuals to shape their ideas into reality.
Program Educational Objectives
- To create an environment, give opportunity and also encourage the individuals to build a strong foundation on Electrical and Electronics Engineering as well as in the related interdisciplinary fields of study, to be able to contribute to the need of the industry and the society at large.
- To make students capable to generate ideas, apply their knowledge and analyse the situations for executing live projects in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, with modern tools, equipments and softwares.
- To inculcate the habit of team work and infuse the management skills in the students for their future professional life.
- To guide students to become ethical professionals in their own fields of work and to be conscious about the effect of technology on the environment.
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- M.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with specialization in
(i) Power Electronics and Power systems
(ii) Instrumentation and Control ( to be started in autumn 2014 )
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering. ( power systems, optoelectronics, embedded system, microwave remote sensing )
Infrastructure (List of lab)
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
- Circuit Theory & Networks Lab
- Electrical & Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- Control & Simulation Lab
- Optoelectronics and Optical Communication Lab
List of faculty members
- Dr. Shakuntala Laskar -Professor & HoD
- Mr. Bikramjit Goswami -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Pushpanjali Konwar -Assistant Professor
- Hironmay Deb (Study Leave) -Assistant Professor
- Sunil Deka (Study Leave) -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Jesif Ahmed -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Gitu Das -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Jyoti Kumar Barman -Assistant Professor
- Ms. Smriti Dey -Assistant Professor
- Mr. Papul Changmai -Assistant Professor
- Biswajit Sengupta -Assistant Professor
- Sarbani Das -Assistant Professor
- Dr Durlav Hazarika - Professor (Adjunct)
- Salunke Shitalkumar Tikaram -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Sunil Purushottam Mayabhate -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Shauquat Alam -Associate Professor (Adjunct)