The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in the year 2008 as one of the major departments of the Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology. The department started undergraduate program with AICTE approved four year B.Tech Degree course in the year 2008 with an intake of 60. The PhD programme has been offered by the department since 2011 and is equipped with a good number of researchers working under experienced supervisors/guides from the fields of Power Systems, Optoelectronics, Microwave Remote Sensing, Embedded Systems and Optimization
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) of Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology has been established with the firm commitment of developing and producing quality Electrical and Electronics Engineers with high-technical knowledge and good practical basis, combined with leadership skills and decision making capabilities. The curriculum of the department of electrical and electronics engineering is therefore designed to impart the students consummate knowledge and skills for careers in wide range of industries. The board of studies within the department is actively functioning in reforming syllabus from time to time in line with the modern trends in the Engineering education.The objective of the department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering of Don Bosco College of Engineering and Technology, Assam Don Bosco University is to:
- achieve excellence in teaching, research, practice and extension activities in the fields of Engineering in general and Electrical and Electronics Engineering in particular.
- provide a strong foundation for the students to make them professionally competent for industry and research.
- create an environment for the holistic development of individuals, encouraging them to serve the society with commitment and integrity.
The department has been taking active part in organising various national and regional level seminars, conferences and workshops under the banner of the university.
The faculty members have been taking part in various short term courses and faculty development/enrichment programmes regularly.
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- M.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with specialization in
(i) Power Electronics and Power systems
(ii) Instrumentation and Control ( to be started in autumn 2014 )
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering. ( power systems, optoelectronics, embedded system, microwave remote sensing )
Infrastructure (List of lab)
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Power Electronics Lab
- Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
- Circuit Theory & Networks Lab
- Electrical & Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- Control & Simulation Lab
- Optoelectronics and Optical Communication Lab