The Department of Mass Communication was established with a broad objective to provide students with practical hands-on training in the field of media and communication studies. The department started on the 1st August 2014 with PG programme and later expanded to the UG programme on the 18th August 2017.
To be a centre of excellence in teaching, learning and research committed to mould ethical and socially responsible media professionals and entrepreneurs who can deliver professional content for diverse media platforms.
The Department of Mass Communication seeks to:
- Achieve excellence in teaching, learning and research.
- Promote critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Equip learners by combining the theoretical aspects with creative innovation and entrepreneurship practices.
- Mould ethical and socially responsible media professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Provide knowledge base and consultancy services to the community in the field of media and communication.
- A modular structure for the PG programme with a Certificate after the first semester, PG Diploma Certificate after the second semester and a Master’s Degree after the fourth semester.
- A blend of conceptual inputs and hands-on training.
- Research practices and methodology
- Expertise in audio, video, animation and VFX, web designing and graphic designing
- PhD Mass Communication
- M.A Mass Communication (Convergent Media and Technologies)
- B.A Mass Communication
List of Faculty Members
- Shiji James -Assistant Professor
- Dr Natalie Jo–Anne Diengdoh -Assistant Professor
- Kaushik Bhuyan -Assistant Professor
- Tapati Basu -Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr. WADP Wanigasundera -Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr. George Plathottam -Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr. Etawanda Saiborne -Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr. Umarani Pappuswamy -Associate Professor (Adjunct)