The Department of Physics was started as an independent department in Assam Don Bosco University from 1st April, 2018. Initially, it was a constituent of the Department of Basic Sciences, teaching Physics courses of B.Tech. Programmes. In August 2014, M.Sc. (Physics) Programme, with different specialisations, was also started. From July 2018, the department introduced Bachelor of Science Programme (BSc Honours in Physics). Apart from the undergraduate and postgraduate courses, the department also has a vibrant Ph.D. programme with areas of interest ranging from High Energy Physics and Astrophysics to Plasma Physics and Superfluidity.
To endow the students with profound understanding of physics, the foundation for all natural sciences, and drive them towards critical thought for further study and research, to pave the way for suitable career opportunities and enable them to be of service to the society as responsible human beings.
- To strengthen the fundamental concepts of physics and provide advanced understanding of physical phenomena by emphasizing on the correlation between theory and observation.
- To spark creative interest towards the pursuit of innovative research in fundamental and applied physics.
List of Faculty Members
- Dr.Samrat Dey - HoD
- Dr. Monmoyuri Baruah - Associate Professor
- Parag Bhattacharya - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ngangom Aomoa - Assistant Professor
- Dr. Debajyoti Dutta - Assistant Professor
- Dr.PK Kalita – Associate Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr.RN Khound – Professor (Adjunct)
- Dr. Dulen Saikia - Associate Professor (Adjunct)